ACHIEVEMENTS IN 2015-16
- Gross Energy Generation of OHPC during the year was 4104 MUs achieved as against MOU target of 5411 MUs.
- The Plant Availability Factor (PAF) during the year was 85.955% as against the Mou target of 80.00%.
- The Company earned profit before tax of Rs.137.97 crores and the profit after tax is Rs. 87.30 crores for the Financial Year 2015-16.
- Public Enterprise Dept., Govt. of Odisha has rated OHPC as “Excellent” based on the performance made by OHPC during the year 2014-15 and the MoU signed with DoE, Govt. of Odisha.
- The tendering process for unit #3 of Chiplima Power House & unit #5 & #6 of Hirakud Power House has been completed & contract agreement has been executed with the lowest bidder M/s Voith Hydro India Ltd.
- LOA has been issued in favour of lowest bidder M/s BHEL for unit-1 to 6 (6x60 MW) for Balimela Power House.
- OHPC has taken initiatives to implement ERP. ERP Consultancy contract agreement has been signed between OHPC Ltd. & M/s PWC Pvt. Ltd. for Implementation of ERP in OHPC & GEDCOL.
ACHIEVEMENTS IN 2014-15
- Gross Energy Generation of OHPC during the year was 6238.457 MUs achieved as against MOU target of 5333.33 MUs for excellent rating.
- The Plant Availability Factor (PAF) during the year was 83.49% as against the MoU target of 81.00%.
- The Company earned profit before tax of Rs. 46.68 crores and the profit after tax is Rs. 15.59 crores for the year 2014-15 on standalone basis.
- Public Enterprise Dept., Govt. of Odisha has rated OHPC as “Very Good” based on the performance made by OHPC during the year 2013-14 and the MoU signed with DoE, Govt. of Odisha.
- The tendering process for the Unit#3 of Chiplima Power House and Unit #5 & #6 of Hirakud Power House has been completed and the LOA has been issued in favour of the lowest bidder M/S Voith Hydro India Ltd. The tendering process for R&M work of Balimela Power House is expected to be completed shortly.
ACHIEVEMENTS IN 2013-14
- During the year the power stations of OHPC generated 6967.978 MU of electricity.
- OHPC earned profit before tax of Rs.11.13 crores and the profit after tax is Rs.8.8 crores for the financial year 2013-14.
- Public Enterprise Dept., Govt. of Odisha has rated OHPC as “Very Good” based on the performance made by OHPC during the year 2012-13 and the MoU signed with DoE, Govt. of Odisha.
- The tendering process for R & M work of these units has been initiated.
- OTDC (Odisha Thermal Power Corporation Ltd.) has been incorporated with Joint Venture of OHPC & OMC with 50:50 shareholding for setting up a coal based supercritical thermal power plant of 3x800 MW capacities at Kamakhyanagar in the District Dhenkanal.
- In pursuance to the notification no. 2296 dtd. 15.03.2013 issued by Deptt. Of Energy, Govt. of Odisha, GEDCOL has been incorporated on 18.04.2013 to promote investment in renewable energy projects and various green energy sources and to develop and execute special renewable projects on commercial and/or demonstration basis.
ACHIEVEMENTS IN 2012-13
- R, M & U work of Unit-1 of RHEP, Rengali was completed on 31.05.2012.
- Tendering process for the R, M & U of Unit-5 & 6 of HHEP, Burla has benn completed and the OERC has been moved to approve the Capital Cost.
- Tendering process for R&M works of Unit-3 of CHEP, Chiplima has been initiated.
- The tendering process for the R&M works of the 06 (six) Units of BHEP, Balimela has been initiated.
- After the scrutiny of PFR of HE Projects on Baitarani river (Stage I&II) LOI has been issued in favour of WAPCOS for preparation of DPR of the said two projects.
- For the Pumped Storage Plant at UIHEP, Mukhiguda; the Techno-commercial offer has been invited from 06 Nos. of Govt. PSU for preparation of the DPR.
- OHPC achieved record peak generation of 1820 MW on dt. 11.09.2012.
- Upper Indravati H.E.Project achieved record daily average generation of 606.29 MW on dt. 20.09.2012
ACHIEVEMENTS IN 2011-12
- The sale of energy for FY 2011-12 (4837.098 MU including CSEB) is more that of FY 2010-11 (4622.682 MU including CSEB)
- The plant availability factor of machines achieved by Chiplima, Rengali, Upper Indravati & Upper Kolab is more than that is fixed by OERC, Bhubaneswar.
- For the first time since inception, OHPC paid a dividend of Rs. 19.41 Crores to the State Government.
- The R & M work of Unit – 1 of RHEP, Rengali progressed successfully during the year 2011-12 which was commercially re-synchronised on 31.05.2012.
- OHPC Corporate Office and its two units Upper Indravati & Burla has been awarded with ISO 9001:2008 certification.
- OHPC has been classified by the State Govt. as a 'GOLD' rated State PSU.
- The PAC of the State Govt. accorded approval for taking up the R & M works of Unit - 5 & 6 of HHEP, Burla.
- Different hydro power stations located in remote areas of the state has been connected to the Corporate office through Virtual Private Network (VPN) over a dedicated line.
- All the store transactions such as Goods Issue, Goods Receipt and stores accounting has been automated.
- All important Circulars, Notices and tenders were displayed in official website www.ohpcltd.com.
- Scraps, unserviceable / unusable materials of the units worth over Rs. 16 crores were disposed off during the year in auction through MSTC..
- In spite of poor rain fall and lower generation than the design energy, the corporation has earned net profit of about Rs. 67 crores.
ACHIEVEMENTS IN 2010-11
Average availability of the Power Stations was 87.1% against the average standard of 85%.
Installation of Trash Rack Cleaning machine (TRCM) at Chiplima H.E.P for cleaning of weeds. As a result, the generation of CHEP has been maximized to 254.42 MU for the FY 2010-11.
The accounts of 2009-10 was audited, adopted and filed with Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) within the statutory time limit (30th Sept.2010)
ACHIEVEMENTS IN 2009-10
- Average availability of the Power Stations was 86.22% against 82.37% in the previous year.
Inspite of a poor rainfall and consequent lower Power generation, the corporation earned profit of Rs.27.15 crores due to recovery of capacity charges on account of higher availability of machines.
- The disputes and un-reconciled accounts since 1979-80 till 31.03.2009 of Machkund Joint H.E.P was fully reconciled and the amount due from APGENCO was realized during the year.
- The renovation and modernization of Unit-I of RHEP Commenced w.e.f. 25th November 2009 as zero date.
ACHIEVEMENTS IN 2008-09
- Average availability of the Power Stations was 82.37% against 81.10% in the previous year.
- Balimela extension Project comprising of unit-7 and Unit-8 each of 75 MW capacity were commissioned on 23.12.2008 and 23.01.2009 respectively.
- The Joint Venture Company Baitarni West Coal Company Ltd., (BWCCL) was in corporated on 22.04.2008 and certificate for commencement business was obtained on 05.05.2008.
ACHIEVEMENTS IN 2007-08
- OHPC achieved an all time record power generation of 8025 MU and sale of 7909 MU which represents 43% of the total consumption of the State.
- OHPC earned a record net profit of Rs.121.39 Crores after meeting its liabilities and income tax.
The Ministry of Coal, Govt. of India allotted Baitarni West Coal Block (602 MT) to OHPC, GPCL & KSEB vide letter dtd.25.07.2007. A new company namely Baitarni West Coal Company Ltd. was incorporated on 22/04/2008
ACHIEVEMENTS IN 2006-07
- OHPC achieved a record generation of power of 7541 MU. UIHEP achieved record generation of power of 3019 MU.
- Cash profit achieved during the year was Rs.171.16 Crores.
- A joint venture company namely Orissa Thermal Power Corporation Ltd.(OTPCL) was incorporated on 29.01.2007. OHPC and OMC hold 50% share capital of the JV company.
ACHIEVEMENTS IN 2005-06
- RM&U of Unit 3 & 4 of Burla after renovation and modernisation started commercial operation on 01.01.2006 with capacity addition of 16 MW.
- The rotor pole repair work of all the four units of UIHEP were completed before the schedule.
- The high interest bearing APDP loan of Rs. 19 Crores plus interest accured has been fully paid to the state govt. in January 2006.
ACHIEVEMENTS IN 2004-05
- Record Power Generation of 6868 MU is highest in the history of OHPC.
- Power Generation in Balimela H.E.Project(1526MU) is the 2nd highest since its inception.
- Energy sold (6726 MU), Turnover(Rs 274.94 cr.) and profit before depreciation (Rs. 169.90 cr.)
- The Corporation has earned a profit( before tax) of Rs. 64.08 crores.
- Realisation from GRIDCO (exceeding Rs. 280 crores) is the highest since inception of OHPC.
ACHIEVEMENTS IN 2003-04
- Capacity addition of 600 MW by commissioning 4 x 150 MW Upper Indravati Project.
- Capacity addition of 24 MW during 1998 by Renovation Modernization and up-rating of Unit I & II of Burla Power House.
- Establishment of VSAT communication link from Corporate office to Upper Indravati, Rengali and Balimela Project sites.
- OHPC has been able to mobilize internal resources from its operation to the extent of Rs 280 Crores for the completed and on going projects and towards other capital expenditures.
- Out of the term loan of Rs 495.37 Crores availed for the projects, it has repaid Rs 263.15 Crores to the lender PFC.